Happy bum, happy mum.
We love our little bundles of joy so much – it’s this great force of love that pushes us to do everything we can to protect them. We want to provide the best home-environment possible so they can thrive mentally and emotionally. We want to feed them all the right foods so they can grow up strong and healthy.
At Bayer®, we understand your need to protect and care for your little one and that’s why we’ve developed Bepanthen® Ointment to help protect your baby’s sensitive bum from painful nappy rash. Bepanthen® Ointment works in two ways; it provides lasting protection against the causes of nappy rash and supports the skin’s natural recovery process.
Your helper at nappy changing time – Bepanthen® is free of fragrances and colourants. It can be used at every nappy change and its gentle ingredients make it effective against nappy rash. The properties of Bepanthen® Ointment are in accordance with recommended guidelines for using topical creams or ointments on newborns and particularly on premature babies1. Keep your baby’s little bum happy with Bepanthen®.
Every child deserves the best protection.
We also know that before you use any product on your baby’s soft, sensitive skin, you want to know all the important details to make sure that your baby is getting the absolute best. It’s for this reason that we’ve listed below some crucial facts about what Bepanthen® Ointment contains and how the various components help give your baby, the Gold Standard treatment for nappy rash2.
But before we get to the solution, let’s learn more about the problem… Nappy Rash!
What is Nappy Rash?
- An acute inflammation of the skin due to the unnatural environment created by nappies 2. Nappies cause irritants from urine to be in close contact with the fragile skin of babies. Nappies themselves, by friction irritate the skin.
- It is medically known as Irritant Diaper Dermatitis (IDD).
- It is an extremely common pediatric condition 2.
And now… the Solution!
Bepanthen® Ointment fully meets the 7 ideal standards for nappy rash products 2:
- No potentially toxic ingredient (including those with undocumented safety).
- No antiseptic.
- No unnecessary ingredients.
- No perfume.
- No preservative.
- Maintains optimal moisture levels.
- Proven clinical efficacy and safety in babies.
The benefits of using Bepanthen® Ointment
Protects from irritation as it
- Forms a protective barrier on the skin.
- Offers a protective layer through a purified lanolin compound.
- Contains lanolin thus it protects the skin against drying and seals in moisture without preventing air exchanges 1.
Regenerates the skin because it:
- Penetrates deeply and accelerates the skin’s regeneration process from within.
- Contains Dexpanthenol which:
– Reaches the deep layer of skin and increases the metabolism of the key cell crucial to skin regeneration.
– Stimulates skin repair process 1.
Provide the very best protection for your baby. Use Bepanthen® Ointment for a happy bum and a happy mum.
* Bayer (Pty) Ltd. 27 Wrench Road, Isando, 1600, Gauteng, South Africa. Co. Reg. No.1968/011192/07. Tel: (011) 921 5000.
1. Putet G.et.al. Effect of Bepanthen Oinment on the prevention and treatment of diaper rash on premature and full term babies. Realities of Pediatriques Dec 2001(Supp): 1-8
2. de Bony R. introduction to new nappy rash expert panel. Asia Pacific workshop. European Workshop. February 2004