(HealthDay News) — When your baby is in pain — be it from things like a circumcision, vaccine or incoming tooth — parents can take steps to soothe, comfort and ease the pain as much as possible.
The University of Michigan Health System offers these suggestions:
- Cuddle your baby, and try to have skin-to-skin contact.
- Distract your baby by singing, cuddling, talking or moving.
- Nurse your baby if you are breast-feeding.
- If you aren’t nursing, dip a pacifier in a sugar/water solution, but never honey.
- Ask your doctor about administering a pain-relieving medication designed for infants.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.