200g package almond paste
1½ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup butter, softened
⅓ cup icing sugar
2 tbsp milk
½ tsp vanilla
sliced almonds (optional)
1 cup icing sugar
½ tsp almond extract
4-5 tsp milk
1) Preheat oven to 180°C.
2) Beat the butter, flour, icing sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed.
3) Cut almond paste into 1cm slices and then cut each slice in quarters.
4) Shape a 2cm ball of dough around each piece of almond paste.
5) Gently roll to form a ball.
6) Place balls a few centimetres on ungreased cookie sheet.
7) Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set and bottom is golden brown.
8) Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
9) Allow to cool completely.
10) For the glaze topping, mix all glaze ingredients together until smooth and spreadable.
11) Dip the cookie tops into glaze and garnish with sliced almonds with desired.