8 Fresh apricots, pitted and cut into wedges
¼ cup of orange juice
1 tablespoon plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
2 large eggs
1 large egg white
1 cup low-fat milk
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
Pinch of salt
1 tablespoon sliced almonds
Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
1) Combine apricots and orange juice in a bowl. Grate 2 teaspoons of zest from the lemon and set aside. Juice the lemon and stir 2 teaspoons of the juice into the apricots. Let this stand for at least 1 hour.
2) Preheat oven to 176 degrees Celsius. Coat a 10-inch round baking dish or oval casserole with cooking spray. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar evenly over the bottom. Drain the apricots (reserving the syrup) and arrange in the baking dish.
3) Combine whole eggs, egg white and the remaining 1/3 cup sugar in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until pale yellow. Add milk, flour, almond extract, salt, the reserved lemon zest and the reserved syrup; beat well to blend. Pour the batter over the apricots; sprinkle with almonds.
4) Bake the clafouti until puffed and golden, 45 to 55 minutes. Let cool about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar; serve warm.
– Recipe from www.eatingwell.com