500g fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1cm pieces
12 slices French baguette, toasted
½ cup blue cheese, crumbled
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
¼ cup fresh basil, minced
3 green onions, chopped
3 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1½ tsp lime peel, grated
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1) In a large saucepan, bring 3 cups of water to a boil.
2) Add the asparagus and cover and boil for 2-4 minutes.
3) Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water; allow to drain and pat dry.
3) In a suitable bowl, combine the asparagus, tomatoes, onions, lime juice, oil, garlic, basil, lime peel, salt and pepper.
4) Using a slotted spoon, spoon the asparagus mixture onto the slices of bread.
5) Sprinkle with blue cheese and serve.