500g scrubbed and chopped baby carrots
400 grams diced tomatoes
2 cups water
2 diced brown onions
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons light soy sauce, or to taste
1 tablespoon vegetable stock powder
Crusty bread, to serve
1) Heat the oil over medium–low heat in a medium saucepan, and gently cook the onions for 4 minutes, or until translucent.
2) Add the carrots and cook for a further 4 minutes.
3) Add the stock powder, tomato and water and bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
4) Process the soup in a blender until smooth.
5) Add the soy sauce a little at a time to taste. Serve with crusty bread.