4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
3 Tablespoons butter
1 cup whipped cream
¼ cup milk
¼ cup dry bread crumbs
½ cup chicken broth
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
¼ cup minced fresh basil
⅛ teaspoon pepper
1) Place your milk and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls.
2) Dip the chicken in the milk before coating with crumbs.
3) Cook chicken (on each side) in butter for about 5 minutes in a skillet over medium-high heat.
4) Remove from heat once crisp and brown and keep warm.
5) Add broth to the skillet and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir continuously to loosen the browned bits.
6) Stir in the cream and pimentos and then boil and stir for 1 minute before reducing the heat.
7) Add parmesan cheese, basil and pepper. Leave to cook and stir until heated through.
8) Pour the basil cream mixture over the crisp chicken and serve hot.