8 large eggs
6 tablespoons olive oil
4 finely chopped anchovy fillets
2 tablespoons red vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
Salt or black pepper
Thick slices of French or Italian bread with crusts removed cut into wide sticks.
Select your preferred greens
1) Fill your saucepan with 10 centimetres of water and bring to a boil. Place all your eggs into the saucepan to boil.
2) Boil for about 6 minutes for runny yolks. Move the boiled eggs to a bowl.
3) Whisk together the vinegar, mustard, ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper, 3 tablespoons of the oil, and the anchovies in a bowl, and set aside.
4) Add garlic into a pan and fry until golden, for about 1 minute.
5) Move the garlic to a plate. Add the bread sticks to the oil and cook until golden brown.
6) Boil greens until soft yet still crunchy.
7) Divide the greens between plates and sprinkle with the garlic and croutons. Crack the eggs, break them in half, and scoop from the shells onto the salad with a spoon. Top with the vinegar and add salt and pepper to taste.