Use this real Italian recipe as a basis to make at least three different dishes. Enjoy!
What you need: (to serve 8)
1 finely chopped onion
1 garlic cloves, chopped
500g extra lean mince
250g tomato paste
1 x 400g can of tomatoes
A handful thyme
350ml red wine
100g Parmesan cheese, grated
Salt and freshly ground pepper according to taste.
What to do:
1. Fry the onion and garlic for 5 to 8 minutes.
2. Add mince and cook for 5 to 8 minutes until brown.
3. Add the can of tomatoes, tomato paste, half of the thyme and all the red wine and cook for at least 90 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. The longer it cooks, the nicer the sauce.
4. Add Parmesan and the rest of the thyme and mix. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper according to taste.
5. Serve with spaghetti, or use in lasagne or pie.