750ml boiling water
2 medium butternuts, peeled, seeded and diced
1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped
2 medium onions, peeled and chopped roughly
40g cake flour
7ml medium curry powder
2 chicken stock cubes
pinch of ground nutmeg
1) In a large saucepan, sautée the chopped onions in the butter.
2) Add the curry powder and fry the mixture lightly.
3) Add the butternut and apple and sautée the mixture for a while.
4) Add the flour and nutmeg and stir-fry lightly.
5) Dissolve the chicken stock cubes in the boiling water.
6) Add the stock, together with the milk, and salt, to the butternut mixture.
7) Boil (with the lid on) over moderate heat until the butternut pieces are soft.
8) Stir the mixture occasionally; purée or blend until smooth.
9) Serve the soup hot – bowls of soup may be garnished with a little cream and a finely chopped parsley if desired.