1 butternut squash
6 tomatoes – quartered
1 packet of baby spinach
1 onion – diced
3tsps curry paste (Madras or Tomato based)
coriander – handful
1. Peel and cut the Butternut Squash into chunks. Keep the seeds – wash and dry them.
2. Sweat the onion in oil for a few minutes, then add three teaspoonfuls of curry paste and continue to cook for a few more minutes.
3. Add the Tomatoes, Squash chunks and 200ml of water. Simmer covered for 20 minutes, or until the Squash is tender and the Tomatoes have broken down.
4. Meanwhile, toss the Butternut Squash seeds with the salt and Olive oil and then grill until they are crispy and golden, making sure they don’t burn.
5. Mix the seeds with the Couscous, cover with 250ml boiling water and leave covered for 5 minutes.
6. Mix the Spinach into the curry for the 2-3 minutes of cooking so that it wilts into the sauce.
7. Gently break up the Couscous, mix through the coriander and serve with the curry.