750g broccoli, chopped
700g boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup fat-free chicken broth
1 cup fat-free milk
¼ cup dry sherry or white wine
¼ cup Parmesan, grated
¼ cup seasoned whole-wheat bread crumbs
¼ cup all-purpose flour
170g Swiss cheese, shredded
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp minced onion
1 tbsp unsalted butter
2½ tsp extra-virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
1) Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2) Add broccoli and blanch for three minutes.
3) Drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking.
4) Preheat oven to 180°C.
5) Spray a 20x25cm baking dish with cooking spray.
6) Season chicken with salt and pepper.
7) Spray a large skillet or grill pan with cooking spray and place over medium-low heat.
8) Cook the chicken, turning once, until browned and almost cooked through (about 10 minutes). 9) Remove from heat and transfer chicken to a cutting board.
10) Once cool, slice chicken into bite-size pieces.
11) Warm a medium skillet over medium heat.
12) Add butter and 2 teaspoons oil; heat until butter has melted.
13) Add garlic and onion and sauté until tender (about 3 minutes).
14) Sprinkle flour over mixture and whisk until incorporated.
15) Stir in broth, milk and sherry and bring to a boil.
16) Remove from heat and stir in half of Swiss cheese.
17) Season with salt and pepper.
18) Arrange broccoli in baking dish and pour half of sauce on top.
19) Arrange chicken on top and cover with remaining sauce.
20) Scatter remaining Swiss cheese and Parmesan; top with bread crumbs and then drizzle with half a teaspoon of olive oil.
21) Bake for half an hour or until browned on top. Serve hot.