2 tubes of softened cream cheese
1 cup pumpkin purée, preferably homemade
1 cup cracker crumbs
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly (use when making the crust)
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg or ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
1) Combine cracker crumbs in a medium bowl with ground ginger and melted butter. Mix well.
2) Tip the crumb mixture into an already prepared pan. Spread evenly across the bottom. Firmly push the crumbs down with the bottom of a glass.
3) Bake the crust until golden brown and toasted — for about 7 minutes. Then set aside to cool completely.
4) Beat ¼ cup softened butter and the cream cheese in a stand mixer until smooth.
5) Scrape down the sides of the mixer. Add pumpkin purée and mix to combine.
6) Add vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt to combine until smooth. Reduce mixing speed to medium low and add powdered sugar, ¼ cup at a time. Mix until smooth.
7) Transfer pumpkin mixture on your already prepared pan — spreading it out evenly over the crust.
8) Cover and chill until set for about six hours or overnight. Remove the outer ring of the pan.
9) Cut into slices and serve.