8 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut in 4cm chunks
500g canned pineapple chunks, drained
45ml soy sauce
40g brown sugar
15ml sesame oil
½ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp garlic powder
1) In a shallow glass dish, mix the soy sauce, brown sugar, sherry, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic powder.
2) Stir the chicken pieces and pineapple in the marinade until thoroughly coated.
3) Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
4) Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
5) Lightly oil the grill grate.
6) Thread chicken and pineapple alternately onto skewers.
7) Grill for 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally, or until chicken juices run clear.