Finally, a guilt-free treat for the whole family. Serve it for breakfast, lunch or a dinner dessert.
What you’ll need:
½ cup wholewheat flour
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup soy flour
2 tbsp wheat germ
2 tbsp powdered milk
2 tbsp unprocessed bran
1 tbsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
grated peel of 1 orange
2 eggs, separated
½ cup plain yogurt
1 tbsp honey
¼ cup oil
1 tbsp molasses
1½ cup orange juice
What to do:
1. Mix all the flours, wheat germ, powdered milk, bran, baking powder, baking soda, salt and orange peel.
2. Add the egg yolks to the dry mixture, and reserve egg whites.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients to the mixture.
4. Blend mixture well in a food processor.
5. Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold it into the mixture.
6. Cook on a 150°C griddle for 2½ minutes, flip over and cook for 1 minute.
7. You will get about 36 flapjacks of 8cm each.
8. Choose a healthy toping, like a teaspoon of honey, nuts and berries.
– Recipe inspired by Recipe Hub.