Ingredients: (4 portions, 8 potato cakes)
8 baby potatoes with skin
+/- 10ml olive oil
Salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Fresh/dried herbs to taste
1. Scrub potatoes till clean.
2. Boil for 15 to 20 minutes in a little water with some salt till cooked.
4. Flatten the warm potatoes with a potato masher, till it forms a small cake. The potatoes should only be cracked and still hold its form.
5. Heat a little oil in a pan – just enough to cover the base.
6. Pan fry the potato cakes on both sides till brown.
7. Dish and flavour with salt, pepper and herbs.