1/2 cup vegetable oil
200g lean pork mince (see note)
2 celery stalks, trimmed, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
2 teaspoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons sesame seeds
2 teaspoons brown sugar
15 chives, halved
275g packet (30) gow gee wrappers
sweet chilli sauce, to serve
1) Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add mince. Cook, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon, for 6 minutes until browned and cooked through.
2) Add celery and garlic. Cook and stir, for 5 minutes or until celery is tender. Add chopped chives, soy sauce, sesame seeds and sugar. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Cool. Meanwhile, place halved chives in a heatproof bowl. Pour over boiling water. Drain.
3) Place 1 wrapper on a flat surface. Spoon 1 heaped teaspoon mince mixture in centre of wrapper. Brush edge with cold water. Fold up sides to form a pouch. Pinch to enclose filling. Tie with a chive to secure. Repeat with remaining wrappers, mince mixture and chives. Trim chives.
4) Heat remaining oil in pan over medium-high heat. Cook money bags, in batches, turning, for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned and heated through. Drain on paper towel. Serve with sweet chilli sauce.
– Recipe from www.taste.com.au