4 cup sugar
3 cups butter
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup plain yogurt
1 tablespoons orange zest (or more for more intense orange flavour)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup of chopped golden raisins
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon orange juice
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1) Preheat oven to 176 degrees Celsius. Butter a 4×8-inch loaf pan. Lay down a wide strip of parchment paper, along the length of the bottom of the loaf pan, and up the narrow sides. Butter this as well.
2) Beat the butter until fluffy for about 2 minutes on high in an electric mixer. Add the sugar and beat for an additional 2 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until completely incorporated after each addition. Beat in the orange zest.
3) In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
4) Add the yogurt and dry ingredients by thirds, starting with the yogurt, alternating the additions. Beat only until just incorporated. Mix in the golden raisins.
5) Immediately pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Place in middle rack of 176 degrees Celsius oven. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
6) Cool on a rack in the pan for 5 minutes. Then remove the loaf from the pan and cool for another 15 minutes.
7) While the loaf is cooling, prepare optional glaze if using. Whisk together the lemon juice, orange juice, and powdered sugar until smooth and there are no lumps. Place loaf on a serving plate. Use a toothpick or skinny skewer to poke holes in the top of the loaf and drizzle the glaze over the loaf.