12 (3/4 inch thick) slices French bread
2 tablespoons water
1 cup brown sugar
1 can of sliced and drained peaches
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup butter
1 pinch ground cinnamon, or to taste
1) Stir together the brown sugar, butter and water in a saucepan. Bring your ingredients to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes –stirring frequently.
2) Pour the brown sugar mixture into a baking dish and tilt the dish to cover the entire bottom. Place peaches in a layer over the sugar coating, then top with slices of French bread.
3) Whisk together the eggs and vanilla in a medium bowl. Sprinkle cinnamon over the top. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
4) Remove the dish from the refrigerator and leave in room temperature for about 30 minutes before baking. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C.
5) Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the bread is golden brown. Spoon out portions to serve.