500g plums, halved and de-stoned
170g caster sugar
125ml double cream
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp plain flour
½ tsp vanilla essence
icing sugar, for dusting
double cream, to serve
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2) Pour the milk, cream and vanilla into a pan and boil for a minute.
3) Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
4) Tip the eggs and sugar into a bowl and beat together until light and fluffy.
5) Fold the flour into the mixture in small quantities.
6) while lightly whisking, pour the cooled milk and cream onto the egg and sugar mixture; set aside.
7) Place a little butter into an ovenproof dish and heat in the oven until foaming.
8) Add the plums and brown sugar and bake for 5 minutes, then pour the batter into the dish.
9) Cook in the oven for about 30 minutes, until golden-brown and set but still light and soft inside.
10) Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately with cream.