700g tomatoes, diced
1 cup onion, diced
¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
2 medium chilli peppers,
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp chilli powder
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
1) Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2) Add onion, chilli peppers and garlic and cook, stirring, until the onion is soft and beginning to brown (3 to 4 minutes).
3) Reduce heat to medium.
4) Add tomatoes, chilli powder, cumin, salt, and cayenne.
5) Cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes have broken down and thickened slightly (6 to 8 minutes).
6) Carefully transfer the tomato mixture to a food processor or blender.
7) Pulse to make a chunky sauce, or until desired consistency is reach.
8) allow to cool to room temperature.
9) Stir in cilantro and lime juice just before serving.