200g sliced flat pancetta (or bacon) cut into 1cm-wide strips
50g of freshly grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
100ml thickened cream
3 eggs, plus 1 extra yolk
1 tbs olive oil
2 tbs chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
1) Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water.
2) Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Fry pancetta for 2 minutes or until it begins to crisp. Add garlic, stir for 25 seconds, then set pan aside.
3) Place eggs, yolk, cream and parmesan in a bowl. Season, then mix gently with a fork.
4) Drain pasta, then return to pan. Add egg and pancetta mixtures and parsley.
5) Toss to combine. Note: The heat from the pasta will cook the egg slightly and form a creamy sauce.
Serve immediately with extra parmesan.