170ml warm water
30ml lemon juice
Zest of small lemon
Chilled sparkling wine to serve (can be non-alcholic)
Fresh mint to garnish
1) Heat the sugar and water in a saucepan and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
2) Remove from the heat and allow cooling completely.
3) Once the sugar syrup has cooled blend it together with the strawberries and lemon juice until smooth. Stir in the lemon zest and pour it into an ice-cream machine. Churn it and then place in a freezer-friendly container. Freeze for 6-8 hours.
4) Add a scoop or 2 of the sorbet to a glass and top up with sparkling wine.
5) Garnish with fresh mint and serve immediately.