4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 cup water
120ml barbecue sauce
60ml soy sauce
60ml red wine
60ml maple syrup
1 tbsp cornstarch
2 tsp dry mustard powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chilli powder
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp ground cumin
1) Preheat oven to 200°C.
2) Whisk together the soy sauce, barbecue sauce, red wine, maple syrup, chilli powder, dry mustard powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and cumin in a bowl until thoroughly combined.
3) Place the chicken breasts into a suitable baking dish, and pour the sauce over the chicken. 4) Turn the chicken pieces over in the sauce to coat both sides.
5) Bake until the chicken juices run clear, about 40 minutes.
6) Remove the chicken from the baking dish, and keep warm.
7) Pour the remaining sauce into a saucepan, place over medium heat, and bring to a boil.
8) Whisk the cornstarch and water together in a small bowl until smooth.
9) Mix the cornstarch mixture into the sauce and reduce heat to a simmer.
10) Allow the sauce to thicken while stirring constantly.
11) Return the chicken to the dish, and pour the thickened sauce over the chicken to serve.