1kg beef scotch fillet
4 potatoes, peeled and quartered
500g pumpkin, peeled and deseeded, cut into 4cm pieces
500ml beef stock
125ml dry red wine
1 tbs olive oil
2 tbsp plain flour
200g green peas, steamed
200g carrots (fresh or frozen), sliced and steamed
115g self-raising flour
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 egg, lightly whisked
½ tsp salt
90g sour cream
1 tbsp horseradish, drained and grated
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1) For the Yorkshire puddings, place the flour and salt in a bowl.
2) Whisk together the egg and milk in a jug.
3) Add to the flour mixture and whisk until smooth.
4) Cover and set aside for 30 minutes to rest.
5) Divide the oil among eight 80ml capacity non-stick muffin pans.
6) Preheat oven to 220°C.
7) To prepare the beef: start by seasoning beef with salt and pepper.
8) Heat half the oil in a roasting pan over high heat.
9) Add the beef and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until browned all over.
10) Remove from heat.
11) Place the potato and pumpkin in a large bowl.
12) Drizzle with the remaining oil and season with salt and pepper.
13) Gently toss until combined.
14) Arrange the potato and pumpkin around the beef in the pan.
15) Roast for 40 minutes for medium (or until cooked to your liking).
16) Remove meat from oven and increase temperature to 240°C.
17) Transfer beef and vegetables to a platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
18) Place the prepared muffin pan in the oven for 5 minutes or until the oil is just smoking.
19) Working quickly, pour the pudding batter evenly in each muffin mould.
20) Cook in oven for 15 minutes or until puddings are puffed and golden.
21) Meanwhile, place the roasting pan used to roast the beef over medium heat.
22) Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until mixture bubbles.
23) Add the wine and stock and cook for 5-6 minutes or until mixture boils..
24) Season with salt and pepper and strain into a heatproof jug.
25) For the horseradish cream; combine the sour cream, horseradish and mustard in a small bowl.
26) Carve the beef across the grain.
27) Serve all prepared ingredients together.