4 orange slices
4 lime slices
2 cups of divided seedless red grapes, divided
2 cups seedless green grapes
2 cups halved strawberries
1 medium cantaloupe, cut into balls
Poppy seed salad dressing
1) Cut a thin slice from bottom of melon so that it sits flat. Score a horizontal line halfway up sides and around the melon, leaving 12 centimetres from one end to the other for the baby carriage hood.
2) To create the hood, make another line around the top of the watermelon, connecting both sides of the horizontal line. Mark a scalloped edge along all straight lines with the sharp end of a biscuit cutter. Use a sharp knife to cut into the melon along the scalloped lines. Pull off the rind. Remove fruit from the melon and other removed section — cut the fruit into balls and put aside.
3) For the U-shaped handle, cut out 12 centimetres square from the removed section of the rind. Cut out the center and one end, leaving wide handle. Break one toothpick in half and use it to attach the handle to watermelon with toothpick halves.
4) To create the wheels, position orange slices at the bottom of the watermelon and attach with toothpicks. Attach each orange slice with a lime slice and a grape.
5) Combine the cantaloupe, green grapes, strawberries, remaining red grapes and reserved watermelon in a large bowl. Spoon into baby carriage and serve with poppy seed salad dressing.
Serves about 20 people.