(HealthDay News) — Add “choosing a pediatrician” to the long to-do list for expectant parents.
The American Academy of Pediatrics says parents should ask the following questions when choosing a baby’s pediatrician:
- Does the doctor accept your medical-aid?
- What are the office hours?
- Is the doctor taking new patients?
- How often should a baby see the doctor during the first year?
- Which hospital does the doctor use? What is the doctor’s preferred method of contact?
- How much are office visits, immunizations and other care costs?
- Is after-hours care available when your child is sick or when you have questions?