1kg spinach, washed, trimmed and coarsely chopped
410g canned sliced tomatoes
2 medium onions, sliced
4 tbsp natural peanut butter
2 tbsp peanuts, chopped (optional – garnish)
oil (for frying)
1) Fry onion in oil until soft.
2) Add the sliced tomatoes to the frying pan.
3) Add the spinach to the stew and cook, covered, over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
4) Stir often to prevent sticking.
5) Thin the peanut butter with hot water to make a smooth paste.
6) Add this paste to the stew.
7) Season with salt and pepper.
8) Cook for another 5-10 minutes, stirring and adding a little water if necessary to prevent sticking.
9) Garnish with chopped peanuts.