loaf of ciabatta bread, sliced
2x 150g balls mozzarella, halved
100g sliced prosciutto
100g sliced salami
250g bottled artichokes in olive oil, drained with oil reserved
250g bottled sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained with oil reserved
250g bottled balsamic sun-dried peppers in oil, drained with oil reserved
100g mixed olives
50g cherry tomatoes, halved
20g fresh basil, leaves picked
1 clove of garlic, cut in half
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
Parmesan, for shaving
1) Place the mozzarella at the edges of a large plate and scatter the chilli.
2) Arrange the cured meat and all the vegetables in small piles over the rest of the plate.
3) Top the meat with some shaved Parmesan.
4) Put most of the basil leaves in a pestle and mortar with a pinch of salt and crush to a paste.
5) Add a few tablespoons of the reserved olive oil from the jars and stir to create a basil-flavoured oil.
6) Spoon this oil over the mozzarella and the vegetables.
7) Toast the ciabatta and then rub lightly with the garlic, drizzle with a bit more of the reserved oil.
8) Scatter the remaining basil leaves over the plate.