500g loaf Italian bread, unsliced
1 cup iceberg lettuce, shredded
100g Genoa salami, thinly sliced
1 large tomato, thinly sliced
170g provolone cheese, sliced
¾ cup roasted peppers, drained and patted dry
60g black olives, sliced
1 peperoncini, ends removed, de-seeded and halved
¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
¼ tsp dried oregano
2 tbsp Italian dressing
1) Slice the bread in half lengthwise.
2) Hollow out the bottom half of the loaf.
3) Place lettuce in the hollow; then layer the salami, tomato, cheese, roasted peppers, olives, peperoncini, and onion.
4) Sprinkle with oregano.
5) Shortly before serving, pour on the Italian dressing.
6) Cover with the other half of the loaf and slice into single-size portions.