1 1.5-2kg chicken, cut into 8 pieces
3 red apples, cored and cut into 1cm wedges
1 cup apple jelly
â…“ cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp sunflower oil
1 tsp lemon juice
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1) Combine the flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish.
2) Dip the chicken into the seasoned flour, coating completely.
3) In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
4) Brown the chicken in batches for 5 to 7 minutes per side.
5) In a medium bowl, combine the apple jelly, cinnamon and lemon juice.
6) Mix well and then stir in the apples.
7) Add this entire mixture to the skillet and reduce heat to medium-low.
8) Add reserved cooked chicken to skillet and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes turning it halfway through, or the sauce has glazed the chicken,.
9) Serve chicken topped with apples and any glaze remaining in the skillet.