1 20cm pre-made double crust pie
8 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
½ cup unsalted butter
¼ cup water
½ cup white sugar
½ cup packed brown sugar
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1) Preheat oven to 220 °C.
2) Melt the butter in a saucepan.
3) Stir in the flour to form a paste.
4) Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil.
5) Stir in cinnamon, reduce temperature and let simmer.
6) Place the bottom crust in a suitable baking pan and fill with apples, mounded slightly.
7) Cover with a lattice work crust.
8) Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly to avoid run off.
9) Bake for a quarter hour in the preheated oven and then reduce the temperature to 175 °C.
10) Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.