2 ½ cups of fresh pumpkin or butternut squash, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
1 medium onion, halved and sliced
1 medium carrot, halved lengthwise and sliced
1 medium parsnip, halved lengthwise and sliced
1 large celery rib, halved lengthwise and sliced
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 2cm cubes
3 cups vegetable stock
½ cups frozen peas
2 garlic cloves, chopped
3 tbsp flour (use rice flour for gluten free)
3 tbsp olive oil
2-3 tsps curry powder
½ tsp dried sage
sea salt & black pepper to taste
1) Heat the oil in a large pot set over a medium heat.
2) Add the onion, carrot, parsnip, celery, bell pepper and garlic and cook until softened – about 4-5 minutes.
3) Stir in the flour and curry powder and mix until well combined.
4) While stirring, slowly pour in vegetable stock.
5) Add the pumpkin and sage and bring the stew to a simmer.
6) Gently simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
7) Mix in the peas and heat through.
8) Season with salt and pepper and serve.