200g bacon, chopped
400g roll short crust pastry, thawed
400g roll puff pastry, thawed
2 tbsps oil
1 onion, chopped
1 packet cheese sauce
1 cup cream
1 egg, beaten (for brushing)
1) In a pan heat the oil, and fry the bacon and onion until bacon is cooked and onion is soft.
2) Lightly grease a large, deep pie dish.
3) Roll out the short crust pastry and line the pie dish.
4) Place a sheet of greased kitchen paper over the pastry and fill with beans or rice.
5) Blind bake in a 210 °C oven for 10 minutes.
6) Remove the paper and beans and bake for a further 10 minutes and allow to cool.
7) Arrange the bacon and onion over the cooled pastry.
8) In a bowl beat together the cheese sauce powder, eggs and cream.
9) Roll out the puff pastry and get it ready to place on top.
10) Pour the egg mixture over the bacon and top with the pastry.
11) Brush with extra beaten egg.
12) Place in a preheated 200 °C oven for 30-35 minutes or until egg is set and pastry is golden.