500g boneless skinless chicken breasts
5-6 slices Provolone cheese
4-6 red peppers, roasted
pinch dried rosemary
pinch dried oregano
pinch fresh ground pepper
1) Preheat oven to 190 °C.
2) Wash and then butterfly-cut the chicken breasts.
3) Pound each piece without tearing through the meat.
4) Lay a strip of red pepper on each breast, topped with the slice of cheese and a sprinkle of each herb and pepper.
5) Make sure the filling is in the centre, and roll up (like a cigar) from the smaller end, and then wrap a piece or two of bacon around each roll. Secure with several toothpicks as needed.
6) Preheat a skillet and brown each roll until the bacon begins to cook and the chicken is getting white on the outside.
7) Transfer into an oven-proof dish.
8) Bake at 190 ° for 25 minutes or until chicken is at least 70 °C inside.
9) Switch to the broiler setting and broil each side for a few minutes to finish crisping the bacon.
10) Serve with a tossed salad and bread.