500g minced beef
12 slices streaky bacon
¼ red onion, finely chopped
1 pack instant brown onion gravy
¼ red bell pepper, finely chopped
1 tbsp mixed herbs
½ tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
12 slices ready-sliced cheese (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 180 °C.
2) In a large bowl add all ingredients except bacon, and mix well.
3) Roll the mixture into balls.
4) Wrap a bacon slice around each meatball.
5) Place meatballs on a greased baking tray and bake in oven for about 45 to 50 minutes or until cooked.
6) For a cheesier option – once meatballs are cooked, place a slice of cheese over the meatballs and place under the griller until cheese is melted to your liking.