mini-doughnut baking pan
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup brown sugar, divided
½ cup icing sugar
¼ cup applesauce
2 tbsp maple syrup
3 tbsp milk, divided
4 tbsp butter, divided
1 tsp cinnamon
¾ tsp baking powder
½ tsp ginger
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
pinch of allspice
pinch of cloves
1) Preheat oven to 180 °C.
2) Mix all dry ingredients except icing sugar, with a quarter cup of brown sugar.
3) Whisk in moist ingredients, using one tablespoon milk and two tablespoons melted butter.
4) Pour batter into a large plastic bag and cut the corner off.
5) Pipe the batter into a greased mini-doughnut pan, filling each doughnut space about half full.
6) Bake for 7-8 minutes.
7) Remove from oven and take each doughnut out of the pan.
8) In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt two tablespoons butter with a quarter cup brown sugar.
9) Bring to a boil and boil for about two minutes.
10) Add one tablespoon of milk and bring back to a boil.
11) Add icing sugar, using the last tablespoon of milk to help thin out the icing if needed.
12) Keep over low heat to prevent crystallization and dunk each mini-doughnut into the icing.