1kg beef goulash, or cubed braising steak
4 potatoes, cleaned
4 cloves garlic
5 tsps mild curry powder
3 tbsps vegetable oil
1 small onion
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp ground cumin
some fresh cilantro (optional)
salt to taste
1) Cut meat into small pieces and wash. Cut onions and garlic and grind together. Pour oil in pressure cooker and heat to a medium temperature.
2) Add the ground onion and garlic to the oil and let it fry for a few minutes.
3) Add curry powder and cumin to the pressure cooker.
4) Keep stirring and let it fry for approximately 3 to 4 minutes.
5) Now add the meat and salt. Cover the pressure cooker loosely and cook until meat is well fried.
6) Stir periodically. Add enough water to cover the meat.
7) Let it pressure cook for 5 to 7 minutes depending on the tenderness of the meat.
8) Add the potatoes and cook till done.
9) Garnish with cilantro if desired.
10) Serve with rice or roti.