1.4kg stewing beef, cubed
150g onions, sliced
½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic clove, minced
225ml tomato ketchup
3 tbsps Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp paprika
1 ½ tbsps soft brown sugar
2 tbsps cornflour, mixed with 75ml water
¾ teaspoon mustard powder
1) Excluding the cornflour paste, mix all the ingredients in a flameproof casserole dish.
2) Cover and cook over a low heat for 4 hours.
3) Increase the heat to high, and stir in the cornflour paste.
4) Cook for 15-20 minutes until thickened.
5) Serve hot with potatoes (can be cooked separately, or added to the casserole 25-30 minutes before the end of the cooking time) or on a bed of noodles.