300g package fresh spinach, stems removed, thinly sliced
220g canned sliced water chestnuts, drained
4 tbsp green onions, sliced
2 tbsp red chili bell peppers, chopped
170g uncooked thin spaghetti
200g beef sirloin or shoulder steaks, cut 30-60mm thick
4 tbsp hoisin sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp 2ater
2 tsp dark sesame oil
2 large cloves garlic, minced
¼ tsp red pepper, crushed
1) Stack the beef steaks.
2) Cut lengthwise in half and then crosswise into 2.5cm wide strips.
3) For the marinade, combine hoisin sauce, water, sesame oil, garlic, soy sauce and crushed red pepper in a small bowl.
4) Marinade the beef strips using only half the marinade in refrigerator 10 minutes.
5) Cook pasta meanwhile according to package directions. Keep warm.
6) Remove beef from marinade and discard that marinade.
7) Heat a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat until hot.
8) Add half of the beef strips and stir-fry 1-2 minutes or until outside surface is no longer pink. Take care not to overcook.
9) Remove from skillet and keep warm. Repeat with remaining beef strips.
10) In the same skillet, combine cooked pasta, spinach, water chestnuts, green onions and reserved marinade.
11) Cook until spinach is wilted and mixture is heated through, stirring occasionally.
12) Return beef to skillet and mix lightly. Garnish with chili peppers.