500g boneless beef round Steak, about 2cm thick
300g frozen green peas
3 to 4 cups hot cooked rice
1 cup beef broth
120g canned sliced mushrooms and liquid
¾ cup chopped onion
½ cup sour cream
¼ cup flour seasoned with salt, ground black pepper and garlic powder
2 tbsps vegetable oil
½ tsp thyme
1) Cut meat in thin strips about 4cm long. Dredge in seasoned flour.
2) Quickly brown meat on all sides in hot oil in large skillet.
3) Add onion, broth, thyme and liquid from mushrooms.
4) Cover and simmer about 45 minutes, or until meat is tender.
5)Add mushrooms and peas.
6) Cover and cook 5 to 7 minutes.
7) Stir in sour cream – heat but do not boil.
8) Serve over fluffed rice.