800g tomato pasta sauce
12 uncooked lasagna noodles
2 cups skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 400g cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 ½ cups low-fat ricotta cheese
½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
½ cup water
salt and pepper to taste
1) Pre-heat oven to 190 °C.
2) In a saucepan over a low heat, simmer tomato sauce, water, and black beans.
3) Using a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese and egg, and then set aside.
4) Place 1 cup of the bean/sauce mixture on the bottom of a suitable baking dish.
5) Place 3 pieces of uncooked lasagna noodles on top of the sauce.
6) Next, spread about â…” cup of the ricotta mixture over the noodles.
7) Top with 1 cup of the bean/sauce mixture, then about ½ a cup of the mozzarella.
8) Repeat two layers of noodles, ricotta, bean/sauce, and mozzarella.
9) Then place the remaining 3 lasagna noodles and pour the remaining bean/sauce mixture over all.
10) Top with cheddar and remaining mozzarella.
11) Cover with foil and bake at 190 °C for 30 minutes.
12) Remove foil and continue to bake another 15 minutes.
13) Remove from oven and allow to stand for 15 minutes before cutting.