3x 400g cans black beans, rinsed & drained
700ml chicken broth
1 large onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, chopped
10-15 jalapeno slices
2ml chilli powder
1) Place the onion, garlic and chicken broth into a saucepan, and cook until tender.
2) Pour into a large capacity food processor; then add jalapenos and half of the black beans; purÃ©e.
3) Mix cornstarch with a little cold water.
4) Pour the soup base into a large pan, add corn starch mixture and cook till bubbly and thickened.
5) Add spices and remaining beans.
6) Simmer for 15 minutes.