1 cup fresh blueberries
1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
â…” cup sour cream
6 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
¾ cup granulated sugar
2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
½ tsp grated lemon zest
¼ tsp baking soda
½ tsp kosher salt
1â…“ cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup granulated sugar
â…“ cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1 tsp ground cinnamon
â…› tsp ground nutmeg
1) Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
2) Butter and flour a 20cm round baking pan.
3) For the streusel; combine the brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl.
4) Stir in the melted butter and then the flour.
5) Mix well and set aside.
6) For the cake; cream the sugar and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer (fitted with the paddle attachment) on high speed for 4 to 5 minutes, until light.
7) Reduce speed to low and add the eggs one at a time.
8) Then add the lemon zest, vanilla and sour cream.
9) Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
10) With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture to the batter until just combined.
11) Fold in the blueberries and stir by spatula to ensure complete mixing of the batter.
12) Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
13) Crumble the topping evenly over the batter by finger.
14) Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean.
15) Allow to cool completely before sprinkling with icing sugar.