2 ½ cups water
1 cup brown rice, uncooked
¼ cup lentils, uncooked
½ cup raisins
½ cup pinenuts
½ medium-size onion,chopped
2 tbsps salad oil
1 tbsp tomato paste
¼ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp seasoned salt
1) SautÃ© the half onion in oil in a large skillet until soft.
2) Add the rice and cook while stirring for several minutes.
3) Combine the tomato paste, water, cinnamon and lentils in a bowl.
4) Add this mix to the rice.
5) Bring mixture to a boil and cover well, then reduce heat and simmer for half an hour.
6) Stir in seasoned salt, raisins and pinenuts.
7) Preheat oven to 180 °C.
8) Grease a suitable baking dish; pour in rice mixture.
9) Cover and bake for 20 to 30 minutes.