1 large brinjal (a.k.a. aubergine or eggplant), sliced into 1cm slices
200ml pizza sauce
200g mozzarella cheese, shredded
125g all-purpose flour
40ml vegetable oil
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
½ tsp dried oregano
1) Preheat oven to 180 °C.
2) Beat the eggs in a bowl.
3) Mix the salt, pepper, oregano and flour in a large resealable plastic bag.
4) Dip each brinjal slice in the egg, then drop the brinjal in the flour mixture one at a time, shaking the bag to coat the brinjal.
5) Heat the vegetable oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat.
6) Place the brinjal slices in the skillet to cook, turning occasionally, until evenly browned.
7) Then drain the slices on a plate lined with paper toweling.
8) Arrange the slices in a layer on a baking sheet.
9) Spoon enough pizza sauce to cover each brinjal slice.
10) Top each slice with mozzarella cheese.
11) Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese is melted to your satisfaction.