340g sirloin tips, cut crosswise in thin strips
340g thin spaghetti, broken in half
3 cups broccoli, chopped
1 ¼ cups onion, sliced
4 garlic cloves, minced
3 tbsp beef broth
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced and peeled
1 tsp dark sesame oil
1) Cook spaghetti according to the package directions.
2) Drain the noodles well, then return them to the pot and toss with the sesame oil.
3) Heat the vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
4) Add the broccoli and onion and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring often.
5) Add the ginger and garlic and continue stirring while the mixture cooks for another 30 seconds.
6) Add the sirloin and cook while stirring often, for 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
7) In a small bowl, mix the sugar and broth.
8) Add the soy sauce mixture and the pasta to the skillet and continue cooking, stirring often, for 1 to 2 minutes or until everything is heated through.
9) Serve the lo mein hot.