4 boneless chicken breasts
1-1 ½ cups dry champagne
2-2 ½ cups heavy cream
2 ½ cups fresh-sliced mushrooms
6 slices prosciutto, paper-thin
1 tbsp fresh-ground black pepper
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp olive oil
1) Cover chicken with cold water and sprinkle liberally with salt. Refrigerate.
2) Soak chicken breasts at least overnight in salt water.
3) Rinse chicken well and pat dry with paper towels. Trim fat etc., then cut chicken into small slices.
4) Melt the butter and olive oil in large heavy skillet.
5) SautÃ© chicken for 4 to 5 minutes. Add mushrooms, champagne and pepper.
6) Cook over medium/medium low heat for about 30-45 minutes.
7) Remove chicken and mushrooms from skillet and keep warm.
8) Add cream and prosciutto to remaining skillet contents.
9) Simmer about 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
10) Return chicken and mushrooms to skillet and bring to just a simmer.
Serve over fettuccini or angel hair pasta bed.
Serves 4 – 6