2kg potatoes for baking
3 unpeeled garlic cloves
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
2 tsp butter
2 tsp cream
¼ tsp white pepper
½ tsp fresh basil, minced
½ tsp olive oil
1) Heat oven to 160 °C.
2) Place 3 garlic cloves on some foil.
3) Drizzle olive oil over the cloves and place in the oven for about 15 minutes.
4) Bring two litres of water to a boil while you peel the potatoes and cut them into chunks.
5) Add them to the boiling water and let that boil till the potatoes are tender all the way through.
6) Heat the butter and cream over very low heat to melt the butter.
7) Peel the garlic cloves.
8) Drain the potatoes.
9) Place it all in an oven-proof bowl.
10) Mash the garlic a bit with a fork.
11) Add salt to taste.
12) Using a hand mixer or a potato masher, quickly mix everything together until smooth.
13) Do not overmix too much or things will get watery.
14) Serve hot.