2 medium potatoes, cooked
450ml dried breadcrumbs
175ml cheddar cheese, grated
2 egg whites, beaten
45ml low-fat milk
45ml margarine, softened
45ml parsley, chopped
45ml + 60ml water
vegetable oil for frying
salt and pepper
1) Mash the potatoes with the milk, egg whites, margarine, cheese and parsley until well mashed.
2) Take tablespoons of this mixture and form into croquettes.
3) Chill for an hour
4) Mix egg and 45ml water.
5) Dip croquettes in egg-water mix, then into breadcrumbs.
6) Chill for a further hour.
7) For the sauce, melt the butter and sit in flour.
8) Cook for 1 minute, then remove from heat.
9) Add 60ml water, cream, mustard.
10) Add salt and pepper to taste.
11) Deep-fry croquettes until golden.
12) Drain excess oil before serving.